The YZF-R1M is the definitive Yamaha supersport motorcycle that has established a hard-won reputation as one of the most sophisticated and capable race bikes - as well as being regarded as the ultimate machine for passionate riders.
With its cutting edge electronic control technology and aggressive M1-inspired carbon bodywork, this exclusive track motorcycle offers every rider the opportunity to experience genuine factory superbike performance. Furthermore, with its highly advanced CCU and Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS), track day riders and racers are able to achieve the ultimate engine and chassis set-up without the need for expensive and highly specialist equipment. This in turn gives a greater number of riders the very real chance to realise their full potential and enjoy one of the greatest extreme sports ever invented!
The 2020 YZF-R1M benefits from a range of exclusive upgrades, in addition to featuring all of the changes that are described in the previous section on the YZF-R1.
New Öhlins ERS NPX gas pressurised forks
The 2020 model benefits from the addition of the latest Öhlins ERS NPX gas pressurised forks. These feature a small gas cylinder integrated within the fork axle bracket, and by exerting 0.6 Mpa of internal pressure, the gas reduces fork oil cavitation that is caused by negative pressure that occurs on the rebound stroke.
YZF-R1M Apps: A virtual Yamaha pit crew!
Yamaha has developed a number of apps for the YZF-R1M that give every rider full access to the sophisticated technology associated with factory teams. Intuitive software makes these apps straightforward to use and easy to operate, and with their ability to instantly adjust the YZF-R1M's advanced electronic rider control settings, these apps are like having a personal Yamaha pit crew.
YRC Setting App
The YRC Setting app enables YZF-R1M users to create their own personalised riding modes by adjusting the seven electronic control systems. Riders of all abilities can select their preferred level of support for each mode, and in some cases it is possible to turn off selected electronic controls. The system is quick and easy to use, and gives users the ability to fine-tune their motorcycle so it behaves in a way that suits their own personal preferences and riding conditions.
Y-TRAC is Yamaha's Telemetry Recording and Analysis Controller, and it enables users to access the YZF-R1M's CCU and download a range of data to a mobile device.Using Y-TRAC it's possible to view and replay log files in real time on a Google Maps® image of a race track, as well as analyse and compare everything from engine rpm and lean angle through to acceleration G forces, and also see when various electronic rider controls were activated.
YZF-R1M New Features
• Highly sophisticated Öhlins ERS NPX gas pressurised forks
• Lightweight carbon tail cowl
• Aggressive new M1-style carbon cowling
• Stamped with its unique production number
• Updated Y-TRAC and YRC settings apps
• Fully integrated bodywork for improved rider/machine unity
• Aerodynamic efficiency increased by over 5%
• Reinforced feeling of quality and M1 DNA
• New 2-mode Brake Control (BC) cornering ABS
• New 3-mode Engine Brake Management (EBM)
• Optimised Launch Control System (LCS)
• New APSG ride-by-wire throttle
• Enhanced combustion efficiency and high rpm performance
• Increased braking performance
• New settings for steering damper
• Latest Bridgestone Battlax RS11 tyres with 200-section rear
• Uprated TFT instruments with BC and EBM indicators
• EU5 compliant engine
YZF-R1M Key Features
• State-of-the-art Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension (ERS)
• Exclusive design with carbon and polished components
• Carbon front fender
• Communication Control Unit (CCU) with wireless remapping capabilities
• 998cc 200PS crossplane 4-cylinder engine
• 6-axis IMU with Gyro/G sensors for 3D motion data
• Power Delivery Modes (PWR)
• Quick Shift System (QSS)
• Banking sensitive Traction Control (TCS) / Slide Control (SCS)
• Front Lift Control (LIF) and optimised Launch Control System (LCS)
• Short wheelbase aluminium Deltabox frame
• Upward truss type swingarm
• Exclusive entry to the European YRE events
2020 YZF-R1M reservation system
Yamaha will be operating an online reservation system for all YZF-R1M orders. The system will go live on July 25th 2019, and customers will be able to reserve their machine and also choose Wigan Yamaha as their preferred Yamaha dealer. Full details will be announced at the end of July. Please conta